I wasn't sure if I was going to write about each of my children individually, but I have to share this story with you. My 10 year old son, Timmy, is a great kid but over the past few years we had noticed that he was having problems controlling his temper. He was crabby and would yell and stomp off at the slightest thing. Needless to say, with 4 older sisters, this was a common occurrence.
I began my quest to find out if there was a reason behind this or if there was anything I could do to help him. The first thing I found was a link between anger and partially hydrogenated oils. I started reading labels and eliminating them from our diet (or at least his) as much as possible. No more fast food french fries for that boy!
I also had read that more Omega 3's would help so we started adding flax oil. Those two simple things made a huge difference.
Then along came Reliv. I was curious to see what that would do, so I stopped the flax oil and started him on the Kids Now. We were very happy to find that we were experiencing the same positive results, plus he gets all his nutrients in one shake instead of a bunch of different things. We've also noticed that he has more energy and is more willing to tackle things he wouldn't have before.
Sometimes we have to regress in order to see how far we've come and last week was a perfect example of this. We happened to run out of the Kids Now and that meant three days without shakes for Timmy. Let me just say that by the time the Fed Ex guy came with our delivery, the girls were standing at the door waiting to open the box, begging me to make him a shake. What's even funnier is that he was asking for it, too. He knows now that he feels better when he keeps up with his daily nutrition, and we all enjoy him much more when he's a smiling face in the family instead of a slamming door!
No comments:
Post a Comment